Sunday, August 7, 2011

Lead Out Loud :)

This past weekend my Ag Sales team and I made a much needed trip to Camp Clements for an event called "Super Saturday". Since we won the state contest, we will be attending Nationals in Indianapolis, Indiana in October. The rules have changed tremendously from state to nationals  so the practice this weekend was extremely helpful. We got to spend the night in the cabins and it felt just like we were at camp again. I met so many new people and saw many faces that I had seen numerous times at various FFA events in the past. It's so amazing to me how many new friends I make at FFA events. Everyone has something in common there so it's easy to talk and keep up conversations and there are never any judgments. I had SO much fun with Scott, Tatum and Mr. Greene and I'm pretty sure the conversations in the van on the way there and back were my favorite part. This weekend made me miss camp and and all the ag trips I have taken in the last four years and its hard to believe that after October, I will never be attending another ag trip...ever! :( It's sad, but I'm happy that I get to go to college knowing that I have so many friendships that I wouldn't have without having been in the National FFA Organization.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited about y'all going to nationals! I wish you guys the best of luck and I know y'all will bring home that National title!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your cute blog, Ginny! I especially like the birds on each side!
    All of you are about to enter a new phase in your lives. As the old song says, "Make new friends, but keep the old, one is silver and the other gold!" Keep your friends close to your heart. Cling to God, trust in Him, and He will guide you through life. :)

    ReplyDelete